Reference documents used in the FAQs:
- Wheat gluten (food): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)
- USDA National Nutrient Database, Vital Wheat Gluten: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/48052?fgcd=&manu=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=&sort=default&order=asc&qlookup=Vital+wheat+gluten
- Seitan Amino Acid Profile, https://vegfaqs.com/seitan-amino-acid-profile/.
- Nutrition information calculated via Recipal, https://www.recipal.com.
- Sarah Jampel, "All About Vegetarian Proteins," Food52 (2013). https://food52.com/blog/8406-all-about-vegetarian-proteins
- Peter Scarborough, et al, "Dietary greenhouse gas emissions of meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK," Climate Change 125:2 (2014): 179-192. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-014-1169-1.
- Andrew Berardy, "A Consequential Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of Seitan and Beef," Course Project Report Series, Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management (May 2012). https://repository.asu.edu/attachments/82942/content/ASU_SSEBE_CESEM_2012_CPR_002.pdf
- Susanne Stoll-Kleemann and Uta Johanna Schmidt, "Reducing meat consumption in developed and transition countries to counter climate change and biodiversity loss: a review of influence factors," Regional Environmental Change 17:5 (2017): 1261. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10113-016-1057-5.